Looking to change up your usual salad? Kale salads are quick and easy recipes that are full of nutrients and absolutely delicious; a crowd-pleaser for sure! Try this one with pomegranates. This article is about Kale and Pomegranate Salad recipe.
Kale and Pomegranate Salad
- 1 bunch of kale laciniate
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 3 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of raw honey
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup of cooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds (or unsweetened dried cranberries)
- 1/2 cup roasted beans
- 1 avocado, diced
- 4 tablespoons goat cheese (optional)
- Remove kale center ribs and stems; wash and dry thoroughly. Lay some kale leaves on top of each other and cut thinly crosswise. Add to a large bowl.
- Make the vinaigrette: In a small bowl, combine the white wine vinegar, lemon zest, lemon juice, honey, olive oil, and salt, and stir everything together. Add vinaigrette, pomegranate seeds, and quinoa, and toss to combine. Let soak for 20 minutes at room temperature, tossing occasionally.
- Before serving, top with beans, avocado and sprinkle with goat cheese. Serves 4.
380 calories, 21g fat, 40g carbohydrate, 8g fiber, 13g protein 13g