This delicious chickpea quinoa salad is packed full of protein and heart-healthy fats, making it the perfect, balanced lunch for work on any day of the week! Here is the healthy chickpea quinoa salad recipe.
- 2 cups of cooked quinoa
- 1 15-ounce can of chickpeas, well-rinsed and drained
- 2 cups organic spinach, torn
- ½ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- ⅓ cup green onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup black olives, halved
- ⅓ cup feta
- ⅓ cup unsalted pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon of sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Add quinoa, chickpeas, spinach, parsley, cilantro, green onion, and black olives into a large bowl or Tupperware®. Mix together. Top with feta and pumpkin seeds.
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, lemon juice, tahini, garlic, salt, and freshly ground pepper. Mix together.
- Drizzle the dressing on the salad, and toss. Serve immediately, or let it cool and refrigerate for later. This salad keeps well in the refrigerator, covered, for up to 3 days. Serves 6.
417 calories, 22g fat, 44g carbohydrates, 7g fiber, 14g protein.